Thursday, September 15, 2005

That time of year.

The weather has gotten chilly and Fall seems to be at our doorstep. I love Fall, at least I did before having children. I love carving pumpkins (Halloween was Magrelo and my first holiday together), I love making piles of leaves to jump in, I love hot apple cider, warm sweaters, and jeans. I love football. I love fall. However, Fall has new meaning now. Fall means croup, strep, flu, snotty noses, fevers, and being stuck in the house with whoever happens to have any of those symptoms on that particular day- but nine times out of ten, SOMEONE does have something. Fall also means feeling guilty for whomever you just exposed to whatever nasty thing your kids just got, and being mad at whomever exposed your kids to it. Church friends become the enemy. They all have germs!

Soooooooo, today I have to take my unsuspecting 4 year old, along with his almost 2 year old brother, to get flu shots. They also just mandated a new vaccine, so the 4 year old has to get that too. Sam hates shots. I know, you're saying "what kids doesn't". Sam takes hating shots to a whole new level. Sam runs around the room screaming until 3 of us pin him down and finally jab him with the needle. It's awful. What's worse is everytime Sam has been to the doctor in over a year, he has had a shot. Today, two more. In April, 4 more for kindergarten. In November, another blood draw... Fall is wonderful, but this part stinks!

11 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Way to lift me up with lovely thoughts of my favorite season and then point out something that I'll soon have to deal with myself.

Let's get some cider.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ky also hates shots. She one time got bit by a Brown Recluse and had to get a number of shots and she kicked the nurse in the stomach(we were pinning her down on the table) and had a panic attack. As a result of this, the nurse bent the needle in her leg.....
All this from the child who has her ears double peirced(because that is like way different, Mommy!!)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeremy was also terrified of shots. (Sam is his clone.) When he got his tb test in kindergarten her jurked his arm away. He still has a very thick 1 inch long scar on his forearm 24 years later! I think of that scar every time I take Sam in. Thanks for giving me another scary story to think of Angi!

Sam, better yet, let's head to the cider mill.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At soccer practice tonight Collin put his hands on my breasts and anounced "Wow Mom! Your boobs look huge!!" thanks Victoria Secret.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't think that even the magic of Victoria's Secret could elicit a comment like that for me!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Collin's oppinion of my breasts is funny now, however in the middle of practice and about 20 people in his earshot(like most 3 year olds, he does not understand "quiet") I wanted to crawl under the soccer ball.

Why has Sam had to have so many shots? Poor baby! Are your kids playing soccer this year?

7:58 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

I am so hooked to this blog thing!! CRAZY!! My husband thinks we are freaks. Should I tell him we have always thought that he was freak?? Also I take freak as a compliment..Look what you started Steph!!-Angi

9:24 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

He's just jealous! (I think he would take the freak comment as a compliment too!)

Yes, Sam is playing soccer. We did not allow Alaina to play this year, despite her many fits begging us to let her. She is in gymnastics, drama, girl scouts, and church on Wednesdays. That's MORE than enough. She also just got into a play, but I'll blog about that later tonight...

11:10 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Your life sounds very familiar

11:22 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am SO glad you joined us sundevil! Real life is fun! Just ask the crazy people on my blog.

2:56 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Umm Entertaining, yes. Fun perhaps if your drinking...

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home