Monday, September 19, 2005

Happy Birthday

My baby is turning 2. In a few months I will be 29. For most people not a big deal. But for me, a very big deal. You see, when my squirrel turned two, I was pregnant with the monkey. When the monkey turned 2, I was pregnant with my wild child. Now, he will be two- and I am NOT pregnant. I am breaking the cycle- 22, have a baby; 24, have a baby; 26 have a baby. I cannot even describe the joy that this brings. My BABY will be two. Not, my child will be two, and my baby is on the way. NOPE! No way!

I never thought I would feel "done". I thought I would always be jealous of whomever was having a baby. Boy was I wrong! I cried all the way home from the hospital two years ago. I was sad that a chapter of my life was closing. I still remember that feeling, but I don't feel it anymore. Although the idea of my squirrel growing up still makes me sad, each phase she enters makes me excited for the boys to get there too. I don't want them to grow up too fast. But I have learned that there is more to my identity that being a mother of a preschooler, and I am glad. I'm so glad that I have all three of them. And I'm so glad that I ONLY have the three of them. Bring on the terrible twos. I'm ready!

5 Comments:

Blogger MsMayhem said...

I do not wish to be done..However, I have been cut off by my husband..makes me sad:(

9:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Embrace it!

9:48 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

still makes me sad:(

10:11 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

I can't wait 'till we are done. Just when you are starting to make ground, things get put on hold to to through the baby stage. Not that this is bad, but it would be a relief when it is over.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I know. When Nate gets potty trained it will be the first time in 7 years that I haven't had to by diapers. We will be having a party! I also look forward to the time when we can go to Worlds of Fun and everyone can ride the rides!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home