Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ode to the Frog

My cousin uses fun name for his kids. One is Turkey, the other Goose. I've been trying to come up with cute animals for my kids, but have had a harder time with them. My daughter became easier last week and is now "the squirrel". My middle one-easy- a monkey. But the baby has always been a frog. He jumps, like no baby should jump. It's crazy. But a frog just doesn't have the same ring to it as Turkey or Goose. But then I thought about the lake incident, and decided that he has completely earned the name now, and will hereby be referred to as Frogger. Sorry for the lack of creativity, it's not one of my strong points.

Anyway, for Frogger's b-day, I have compiled a list of memories from the past two years. Life without him would be downright boring.


  • One awful birth (OUCH)
  • one month of sleepless nights before I gave in and let him sleep on his stomach.
  • endless wonderful nights of sleep after I flipped him
  • explaining too many times why my friends shouldn't be jealous "He sleeps through the night because he NEVER stops screaming during the day" (This is NOT an exaggeration)
  • 1000's of dollars on medicine for his tummy, and paying it happily because he FINALLY quit crying
  • the fear of celiac disease
  • the joy when we found out he was misdiagnosed
  • the stress of his heart murmur
  • the joy when we found out his heart would be okay
  • the skinny little baby people accused me of not feeding
  • being labeled "Failure to thrive"
  • the joy of hearing everyone say "WOW, HE'S HUGE!" now.
  • The stitches at 10 months (thanks Fox!)
  • The smiles
  • The million times he runs and screams "MAMA" and jumps into my arms when he sees me walk in the door, even if I only went out to get the mail
  • Speach therapy
  • The joy of hearing him finally talk to me
  • The kisses
  • The pushing and hitting (he makes his daddy proud)
  • Seeing how much he loves his sister
  • Seeing how much he loves his Papa
  • Christmas and the styrofoam popcorn pieces
  • The fall down the deck at Easter
  • His first time eating Mac-n-Cheese
  • Oh, the poop issues
  • finally ignoring all of the advice and doing things my way
  • Balls, balls, balls
  • Pooh's Heffalump Movie
  • Boobah
  • Him jumping on the trampoline
  • The trip to Donna
  • The trip home from Donna
  • My mom's face when she heard that he was a boy. (Priceless, she was hoping for a girl)
  • Watching him start to have fun with Ali, and hoping they fall in love!
  • the fun of seeing all of the wagjer(co) boys together
  • Watching him kick, throw, and shoot a ball. (He's REALLY good)
  • Writing on the dog

NaeNae, I love you! Happy Birthday

36 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

frogger - that is a great name, I love it!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you both! :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

How on earth can it be nae-nae's birthday, yet again. In my mind he's still only 6 months. What happened? How does time fly by us so quickly? I can't wait till we can be total friends again at the pool with all of our millions of kiddows. Honestly... the "summer of fun" was one of the best seasons of my life. Thank you Hoochie!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I forgot to put something on my list.

10.5 months of me not eating one bit of dairy so that I could nurse my son. It needed to be noted!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It was a wonderful summer, so close, yet so very far away now.

3:15 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Thats great!! Aren't they so fun?? My kids keep me humble. I went into Kylees school to bring her a new pair of shoes and these two little boys were getting brought into the office for jumping off urinals in the boys bathroom-hillarious!! I would not be a good school rules enforcer...

8:11 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Boobah gives me nightmares...

10:30 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I know. We have a rule in our house, if it's funny, you won't get in trouble. But it Better be funny! Jumping off urinals is funny.

gina- boohbah gives me nightmares too. we've now moved on to Barney.

11:29 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Barney is a little too purple for me, but way better than boohbah. Gabriella likes to watch boohbah just because she knows I think it's stupid. It's that strong-willed italian spirit, you know.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't know where she gets that from!

11:57 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

probably jeff ;)

1:15 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Frogger reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George had the highest score on the Frogger video game for 10 years.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY GINA. ARE YOU ITALIAN?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love that episode!

11:54 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

I am Italian

7:37 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Jera-mee... Hello? Am I Italian? Um yes. Only completely 100% italian. Did you not know this? Can you not tell?

12:25 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

Mrsmayhem, You are really italian? I don't know you but I totally love you. We are total sisters. who are you anyway?

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gina. Are you blond?

4:56 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

yeh... are you making fun of me possster-boy?

7:20 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

yes Gina I am half irish and half italian-quite a combo...I would love to be your sister:)
I am an old friend of Seminoles from wayyyyyy back in South Dakota.
We have stayed in touch since she moved away(got sent actually) when we were in the 8th grade. And yourself, my dear??

10:37 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

my total new sister mrsmayhem, How fun! It is so good to meet you. Seminole is one of my sweetest friends. (especially in the summer)
You are half irish and half italian? yikes... that is a combo. I bet you are so cool! Are you from a large family? What part of Italy is your family from?

12:19 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

My grandfather was from Italy, but I did not know him- so I am not exactly sure where from.
It is vey nice to meet you, it's fun to meet people through people. How long have you known Seminole?? I went to your blog and your children are beautiful!! Where is Seminole this weekend?? Haven't heard from her...

4:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Weekends Seminole is either holding one of a million screaming babies that she's in charge of, or she's sleeping. (Or hauling her children all over town with NO sleep whatsoever!) I'm the only person in the world who dreads Fridays. (I work every Friday night, every other Saturday night)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you two met! Gina, you would love Mayhem and vice versa of course!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you two met! Gina, you would love Mayhem and vice versa of course!

8:08 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Soooo, my new sista...
tell me something...

8:41 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Soooo, my new sista...
tell me something...

8:42 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Soooo, my new sista...
tell me something...

8:42 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

I still don't understand the whole blonde Italian thing.

I have been to Italy does that count for anything? And when we were in Italy, Vernal was hot. People would talk to her in Itailian thinking she was a local.

6:42 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Why did that post 3 times? Weird.
I'm not blonde-but I am assuming Gina is? I would Love to go to Italy!!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Vernal's hot all the time! Too bad she didn't know Italian.

When I go to Brazilian things with Magrelo, the people usually assume I'm Brazilian, but I think it's because I'm the only American Magrelo's ever dated!

10:37 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Hello? That totally counts that you've been to italy, forest. That makes you very cool.

And the whole blonde-italian thing is really quite common in parts of italy. Actually, a lot of my cousins in Sicily have even RED hair. It's very cool.

10:38 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Vernal is the hottest thing on this planet.

10:40 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

mytotalsistermrs.mayhem, you... my dear, are a sweetheart.

I think I've known little miss seminole for maybe 5 years or something, but we've only become good friends over the past few years. Some people think we are very different, although we actually have a lot in common.

10:48 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Gina, what is your natural hair color? I see some roots showing through. :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

thanx forrest... you're killing me. My natural color is called "ash blonde" (nice way of saying poopy-blonde-color) I get it highlighted a prettier blonde color to cover up the poopy color. Got it? Thanx for noticing.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home