Thursday, September 29, 2005

Random Good Advice

I love Best Buy. I'm a girl, so I don't think it's as cool for me to love best buy, but I do. I don't love it for the cd's and dvd's. I actually forget they have that stuff there. I love it for the BIG stuff- the tv's, refridgerators, washers, etc... The reason for my love is their absence of employees who work for commission. I don't like salespeople who work for commission in places like that. Everytime I've walked into Best Buy to make a big purchase, they have talked me down in price from what I was originally planning on buying. They explain which features are all hype, and which ones are actually important. My only complaint is they are a bit pushy about the warranty, but I can live with that.

My point is, salespeople tend to get a bad rap. In general, they make me nervous and quite uncomfortable. But, every now and then, you get a good one that really helps you. When I bought my washer I had one of the good ones. After 3 stores giving me good advice, I finally met a lady who explained things on my level. She told me to make sure I got the biggest capacity washer that I could afford. I was pregnant, and she explained that would soon mean washing big comforters and such. She said I could get a smaller dryer, because you can always hang the big stuff out to dry. But who wants to go to the laundrymat for the comforters. As I washed Squirrels comforter (for her full size bed) I said another little silent thank you to the washing machine saleslady. I love my washer.

9 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

Yeah, it's a situation of the 90% making the other 10% look bad... JUST KIDDING.

I think a lot of companies are starting to pick up on the fact that people avoid places where they are going to get a high pressure sales pitch. I hope this trend continues.

9:49 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Where did my first comment go?

I hate the added pressure of a sales person that is hounding you. And there little dramas they perform when salesman #1 make the first contact with you and you tell them you just want to look. Then you go to saleswoman #2 when you made up your mind because sales man #1 was busy with another customer. Then salesman #1 starts to give you and saleswoman #2 dirty looks because he had dibs on us...???

11:29 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

We have a best buy- and I have never been in it

6:30 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

I love their outfits. There's nothing like khaki's and blue polo shirts. : )

7:41 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

hi hoochie. you are my good friend. thank you and i love you for always being there for me.

4:15 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Clearing,
Are you a girl and why is Gina calling you Hoochie?

I'll be there for you,
these 5 words I swear to you,
When you breath I wanna be the air for you
I'll - be - there - for - you!

10:48 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

your-creepiness clearing... Hello? i wasn't referring to you... my friend hoochie knows who she is.

And maybe I could give you some kind words if I knew who you were...

11:23 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm laughing at this clearing thing. Clearing, if you know us as well as you say you do, you would know that I am the one, true HOOTCHIE.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think Clearing is a girl. A boy wouldn't say give me a hug. That's a chic thing

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home