Friday, January 20, 2006

Catching up...


I'm not sure where the last week has gone. We made it through auditions and my Princess is a squirrel no longer! She is very pleased to call herself a "Wildflower Pixie" now. She gets to sing and dance and wear a costume that has bright colors on it. She's so excited!

This week has been busy but we started it off right. Monday was a holiday, so Sunday night, after church, we cranked up the satellite radio, plugged in the disco ball, and had a dance party in my living room. I love nights like that. :) Now, school is back in session and all but 2 of the 10 people in my home are students again. I'm taking Microbiology, Micro Lab, and Wellness for Life this semester. It should be a nice change from last semester.

I also started babysitting my friend's kids two days a week while she's in school. She was hoping to send them to JCCC daycare, but there were no vacancies. I think I've realized that 5 children is my number. I was thinking about the last week, and I almost always have at least 5 children in my home. (Even when 2 or 3 of the 5 that live there are at school.) Please don't misunderstand me, I have no desire to have anymore of my own. 5 is just a good number for my home I think. It's comfy.

Another highlight of my week will sound very silly to most- American Idol started this week. My whole family loves this show, and it's nice that we have something that we can all watch together. We have even more fun with it when the actual voting begins. I don't have a clear cut favorite yet, but I did love watching the little cowboy say that he'd never sang to anyone but a turkey before.

It's now 3 am and I can't think of a way to wrap this post up, so here you go...
I

7 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

Microbiology is a nice change from last semester? Last semester must have sucked.

Golden is an American Idol fan. I am not so much, but I learn about all the singers as the season goes on, so I feel I understand a lot of their strengths and weaknesses.

1:03 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

I lovvvvve AI!!! You are not alone with that Sister Friend:)

4:45 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

I watched a little bit of idol last week. I like the early episodes with the auditions the best. Some people are whacked.

10:51 AM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Another American Idol fan! The auditions crack me up. Are those people for real?

Congratulations Princess on being a Wildflower Pixie!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Everyone is talking about "Zach" at work, and if he/she is for real!

10:24 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Who is Zach? Are we talking THE ZACH (the lego maniac)??

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Seminole long time no hear how ya been girly??

Glad to hear your little family is doing well!!

I had to give up blogging but I wanted to stop by and say hi and share my news because I'm so excited I could pee!!

I passed my real estate exam!! Yay I'm a realtor - when you movin back???

Take care sweetness
Gypsy

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home