Saturday, January 07, 2006

Random memories of the past year

2005 was a good year for the Gerbil household! It started out great and ended well too. Here are some memories, happy and sad:

  • We started and ended 2005 in Texas with Magrelo's family
  • We began a family tradition called WagJerCo in January- and now it's one of the things I look forward to each month. (Good job Forrest!)
  • I went on fun mini-vacations, instead of one exhausting long vacation. Texas for Memorial Day to see my new niece (she loved me!), St Louis in July with great friends, The Lake in August with a really fun group of friends.
  • I attempted to go to SD for Labor Day, but I had the joy of getting a new furnace instead.
  • I finished Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, took the ACT and got my CNA license. (and did quite well in all of them, I might add)
  • I took care of Crazy's twins in the NICU when they were born.
  • I picked up my daughter from Crown Center when she threw up all over her teacher on a field trip.
  • We got a trampoline and Monkey has never been the same.
  • I jumped in Antioch lake.
  • I turned 29, my kids turned 7,4, and 2.
  • Some friends finished the year without a loved one that they started the year with. I said goodbye to one friends child, another's mom, and another's dad.
  • I spent another summer of fun at the pool, this time Chia joined me.
  • I attempted to go to the movies with Frogger- not fun!
  • I began blogging...
  • I hung out with Bob almost every Wed, Thurs and Fri.
  • A bunch of Foxes moved into my home.
  • I played lots of PIT, and finished off with quite a bit of Texas Holdem (with some big foxes, of course.)
  • I forgot to return a lot of phone calls.
  • I watched Squirrel in her first dance recital and first play.
  • I watched a great friend fall in love with a man that's perfect for her- finally!
  • I enjoyed Christmas and tried to focus on the meaning behind it.
  • I discovered even more things I love about Magrelo.
  • I reconnected with old friends, and made new ones.

I have so many happy memories from 05, but I won't bore everyone with any more of them. I hope last year was great for all of you; and I hope 06 is even better.

8 Comments:

Blogger MsMayhem said...

WOW!! Good list:)
I wish you a great 06 and hopefully I will see you this year!! Maybe I can make it down?? We will just have to hook up one way or another!! I know- Lets meet in VEGAS!! Or Mexico...

7:03 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

nothing, as usual.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so happy that Bob has joined us! Say hello everyone!

5:05 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

i left her a hello and I also posted some SD pics- check um out

7:49 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Good memories!

7:05 AM  
Blogger ASHA said...

Welcome, Bob! I feel like I am at an AA meeting!

10:05 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Hi Bob!! (I know all aboout AA)

4:21 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Whats up?? Did you get my email about my new place??

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home