Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Plague

Thursday night I came home from school and settled in to watch ER. At the very end of it I heard my youngest crying. He never cries after we put him to bed. Going to bed is typically the only thing he does that we want him to do. So, I went upstairs to see what all of the fuss was about, and when I opened the door- I knew. He had the flu.

Magrelo and I have a very set routine when it comes to vomit. I take the child and bathe them, he cleans up the mess. This is how it has always been, and it is one of the many reasons that I love my husband. So after my munchkin was bathed and dressed, we went to bed. (If the kids are sick, they sleep with us so that we will be able to provide a trash can, etc...) I'll spare you the details, but it was a LONG night. My mom, who lives with me, was also throwing up all night downstairs. The next night was Friday, mom still sick, Frogger better. Saturday night, Magrelo's turn (oh and Princess Squirrel now has croup!) Sunday, free night again. Monday, the Monkey began his turn at 1:30am. Another long night. So, tonight should be good and tomorrow maybe Squirrel? Her birthday is Friday. I really want her to be well by Friday.

Okay, I'm sure this wasn't a fun blog to read. I'd try to add something witty, but I have to go wash more sheets. YECHHHHHHHH!

11 Comments:

Blogger gigi said...

iw gross. I feel your pain. I'm so sorry. Hang in there. All the chucking will be over soon...

(One of the many joys of parenting...)

10:52 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Does having your sick kids with you in bed have anything to do with the grownups getting sick?

1:42 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

That's something to look forward to.

4:46 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Did you guys get flu shots? Just curious on whether they really work or not.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry B Mama! You should have left her with me and then she wouldn't spread it to your house too!

I'm sure the kids sleeping with us definitely doesn't help, but they hang on us all day anyway.

The boys did get the flu shot but it only protects against the "real" flu, not the stomach kind that we had. The real flu is a respiratory thing.

8:09 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

me and my babies are not going out!

10:36 AM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

My daughter once woke me up with a "mommy I don't feel good". We went and sat at the table to get a glass of water(first mistake) where she proceeded to puke all over the table..As I was cleaning her up, my middle child came upstairs to tell me he had just puked in his top bunkbed. Appx 45 minutes after that, My youngest came up to tell me he could not stop pooping his pants. This was all in 1 hour. Oh the joys of parenting. Thank God for Lysol.

9:33 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Remember that movie..."The boy in the bubble"? I wish that was us...

1:48 PM  
Blogger ASHA said...

Hey chica haven't heard from you for awhile!!! Just wanted to say HI!

10:07 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

Hey... cool party the other day... even if it was in the ghetto-mall. You're a good mom.

6:35 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

You all done with the finals?? Go to my blog and click on french tickler-there are some funny ass pictures from last Sat night..I also still need your address. My email is Ms.mayhem@hotmail.com

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home