Monday, October 24, 2005

last week...

Last week I tried to focus more on homework than on blogging. I am almost caught up in Algebra, and ended up doing WAY better on my Anatomy test that I thought I did. The kids didn't seem to have a million activities last week, so I focused on school.

My mom has every Wednesday off work. Usually she spends the day with her friend, but last Wed. her friend was out of town. (Bad for mom, great for me!) I took advantage of my mom's presence and went up to JCCC during the day. I NEVER go to the school during the day. I feel weird hauling my kids around campus, and I always have kids with me. So, I went up to the school to hang out in the math resource center so that I could get some free tutoring. I got hungry and went to the commons area to get some lunch. Things are so much different there during the day. Everyone is young, and I swear they are younger than I was the first time I attended the school. I also think all of the boys seemed so silly. Silly boys doing silly things to impress girls. It was funny. At one point a boy said to the kids at his table that the girl that walked by had a kid. Like, a kid! Hello, why is she at this school if she has a kid? I wanted to say, "hello, I have 3, and did you know this school has a daycare facility???" I know that really it's my own insecurity that makes me want to scream that, so I keep my mouth shut. I just keep watching the hackysackers and the boy building a big pile of leaves so that he can ask girls walking by if they want to jump in it. I wanted to jump in it. I walk by, but he doesn't ask me.

Friday I was back on campus with my son's class. They went on a field trip to see Clifford the Big Red Dog Live. Finally, I didn't feel out of place on campus during the day! I'm old.

The rest of the weekend was filled with some super exciting Labor and Delivery stories, but I will save those for people who actually enjoy them. :) Oh, and 2 girls from High School had babies on Friday. It's like a reunion everytime I work.

3 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

THe kids do seem younger these days. I keep thinking that college age kids look like me and everyone younger looks like they are in High School.

3:31 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

The immaturity of the college kids is what sticks out also. Those kids are probably 18, just got out of high school.

7:20 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

If I remember correctly, there was a marked difference between freshmen and sophomores on averge.

However, I do remember several mature freshmen. I don't remember being a mature freshman.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home