Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer Trips Part 1






I feel like I have spent more of the summer out of town than I have spent in town. We started our summer off by going to Padre Island. Magrelo's grandparents live close by and we wanted to see them. It was a last minute decision, but we are so glad that we went. My sister-in-law, her husband, and her two kids went with us. Her kids are 4 and 1, so my kids had a great time with their cousins. We rented a house on the beach and spent the days playing in the sand, and the nights taking walks on the beach. We BBQ'd at the house spent plenty of time swimming in the backyard pool. We also spent one day in Mexico. I love going thru the open market and buying "gucci" purses for $4, so I was very excited to go across. Unfortunately, we went to a different city this time and their was no market. It took FOREVER to get back across the border and was pretty much a waste of a day.

The best part of the trip was that my kids loved the ocean as much as I do. I didn't see the ocean for the first time until I was in high school, and even then it was winter and the water was gross. (Galveston) I'm glad that my kids will have memories of going to the beach and having fun vacations as kids.

3 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Hey - look who's back!

That beach looks funs with good sand and good waves. We need to take our kids to the ocean sometime too! Maybe we should rent a big beach house and have everybody meet for a week. That would be fun.

11:39 AM  
Blogger shakedust said...

Now, that looks fun.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It was SO much fun! I would love to rent a house with all of you! It would be a great place to have a WagJerCo!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home