Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pride?

My daughter had her first two shows today. The first day is always crazy because of the committee I'm on, and the work that goes into it. Life just gets easier from here. Her show was great. The first one was rocky, microphone issues with the lead cast members, etc.. but the second show was better. My family is coming Sat night, and it's always the best show. I called my husband and my friend to tell them how beautiful and wonderful my Pixie was in the show, and she said "Why do you keep telling people that, they already know". I think she has the self confidence thing down. Tonight she prayed and thanked God that she got to be in the show. She also thanked him for giving her a voice to sing, and for making her beautiful. I used to be uncomfortable with her self confidence. Now, I'm simply proud of her. She loves the person God made her, and I think I could learn from her.

I also had a day of feeling blessed. I'm surrounded by incredible people. Vernal took care of Frogger this morning and he threw up all over within the first 20 minutes of being there. I felt SO bad, but she was so cool about it. I would be FREAKING out! I also would have been in BIG trouble without her, because I couldn't leave the show, and I had no one to call. Then, Bob, my best friend came over and helped me do all of my crazy committee stuff. I left the house to go to the second show and it was a MESS! When I got home, the house was spotless. Bob, my mom, and Magrelo cleaned the whole house- even the scary basement- so that it would look nice for my inlaws who came in town tonight for the show.

I simply feel blessed tonight. Very, very blessed. Hopefully all of my friends won't be feeling sick soon...

8 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

Sounds like everyone has been busy. I tend to freak out when I can't physically do everything that is required. It is nice when others are willing to pitch in.

8:58 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

We are looking forward to the show tomorrow night or I guess it is tonight now.

Hey, send your crew over to clean our house sometime.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

He continued to say that for 3 more days! :(

10:57 AM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

I think it's wonderful that she has such high self esteem. I could learn something from her.

2:42 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Hey, my favorite American Idol is Chris Daughtry. He rocks!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Me too! I LOVE Chris!

5:37 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

WOW...that was a very neat post...Congratulations to your little Pixie...that is very cool:)

I am so glad you have such wonderful support people in your life!!!
Good for you sugar:)

8:29 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home