Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Let's Skip School

Today it is gorgeous outside. They are predicting that it may hit 80 degrees~!

I remember days like this when I was growing up, especially when I was in Jr High and High School. In South Dakota, a day like today meant slush- and TONS of it. The mountains of snow that had accumulated throughout the winter finally began to melt and everything was slushy.

I've always loved the feeling of Spring. I can almost feel the leaves starting to bud on the trees and the flowers peaking out of the ground. I'm ready to grab my capri's and sit on the grass in the park. The air even smells different- fresh and clean. Days like this are NOT meant to be spent inside. So, most of the time I would chose to skip school on days like today. I would mean well, and start walking to school, but usually I'd just keep on walking. Sometimes I'd actually make it to class. But then I'd look out the window and hear the great outdoors calling my name. I never made it past 3rd hour. This morning the girls were outside playing before we left for school, and I wanted to say, "let's skip and go to the park". But instead I pointed out what an awesome day God has given us. And tonight I'll go to school.

Days like today make me love all of the seasons. If there was no cold winter, I wouldn't love surprisingly warm days in February so much.

Enjoy the day everyone, I'm going outside!

9 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

"Days like this are NOT meant to be spent inside."

You are right. There should be a law- a vacation law that states that the first awesome day after winter, everybody gets off.

Luckily, I got to be outside as I visited a job site on the plaza today.

3:37 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

That would be one cool law.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I will start the petition for the law. It's beautiful again today. I love it!!!!!!!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

I hope this weather sticks around for awhile. I find myself constantly looking out the window.

1:18 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Hey, you wana walk to cono-mart with me??

he he

3:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

:) Conomart was the cause of the wet slush filled shoes.

1:51 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

aughh yes, the slushy shoes- I do recal this!!!
The weather here had also been unseasonaly warm- I am so ready for Summer!!
I bought the CUTEST new sandals!! Very unpractical- but way hot for summer with capris-bring on the nice weather!!!!!!!!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Where are you, oh great on who started the SD Blog epidemic???

What new?? Hows things???

3:04 PM  
Blogger MsMayhem said...

Well babydoll, you got your blizzard..we have not had snow like this in years!!!!!

Let's make a snow man!!!!!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home