Friday, February 10, 2006

Toothless at Last!

Monday was a BIG day in our home. Princess Pixie (formerly known as Squirrel) lost her first tooth. She did not get her first tooth in until the day of her 1st birthday, so the doctor told us she would lose them late as well. She was the only student left in 1st grade who hadn't lost one tooth. She was obsessed with it! A few weeks ago we noticed that one tooth was a bit loose. (A TINY bit.) Monday night she bit into an apple and POW- super loose tooth.) Now her bottom tooth is gone and she is thrilled! She wanted to wait until the next day to lose it so she could get a tooth necklace from the nurse, but she was worried she would swallow it. So- I got to pull it out. The tooth fairy left her $2 with a note telling her that she was proud of her for being so patient. There was a moment that night that deflated her spirit a bit. I was explaining to her little brother, Monkey, what happed with her tooth. I tried to show him how his teeth didn't move, but some day they will. Instead, I discovered that he has 2 loose teeth! Princess was not Pleased!

Today Princess and the little Foxes are out of school, so my morning has been great! I love days that we can sleep late and eat breakfast whenever we want to. Now we're going to go to Target and get stuff to make Valentines for their classmates. It's Friday and I don't work tonight. I get to go to Fondue for Two at our chuch. It's basically just an all around great day! I hope you all have a great one too!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger ASHA said...

WHAT WONDERFUL MEMORIES! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT MOMMY!

8:42 AM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

I happy that you guys will make it tonight!

I get the heebiejeebies thinking about loose teeth and working them out too soon.

9:35 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

I remember one time when I was a little girl about laina-loo's age and my front tooth was just killing me to no end for days, but it just wouldn't come loose. So my ma got sick and tired of hearing me cry about it... so she got the plyers from the garage. (is that how you spell it?) They were huge and rusty and I totally freaked... but she grabbed me and grabbed a hold of my tooth with those nasty plyers and yank! Out it came...

7:28 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Gigi, your mom is a little bit psycho!

7:55 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

totally. :)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home