Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Summer Trips Part 2


After going to Padre, we spent the rest of June in town. The kids and I did our best to spend most of our days by the pool, and we soon were surprised that it was already July. Alaina takes the summer off from drama classes so she was excited to go back and do a one week camp at her theatre school. They performed Grease and she loved it! Then it was off to summer camp. We usually go to summer camp in Wichita, but this year our church went to a new camp just outside of Lawrence. It was Laina's first year for camp so I volunteered to be a counselor. (I don't know WHY I do things like that!) My mom watched the boys for four days and I herded around a group of 8 girls that called themselves the "Princess Posse". If I called out "princess posse" they responded with "yes queen Stephanie" which I thought totally appropriate! :) The camp was fun and I enjoyed spending time with the girls and getting to know a few adults from our church better. I was exhausted when we got home, and the next day we had to leave for our next trip!

8 Comments:

Blogger shakedust said...

I didn't know camp was at a new location. That would be a better drive, and I assume a much nicer location.

5:29 PM  
Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Busy, busy.
So this is where you have been all summer.

9:35 PM  
Blogger GoldenSunrise said...

Sounds fun! It is a blast being a counselor for girls at camp.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

hmmmm... I think anything is nicer that Wheat State! But we are not going back to Lawrence next year. We went to a different camp because some felt that our kids should not be away from fam on 4th of July (when Wheat State offers kids camp). If it's the same week next year, we're going to the Lake of the Ozarks (the hotel we stay at for our YA trip) I will definitely volunteer if it's there!

9:49 PM  
Blogger shakedust said...

Oh, I see. I've never been to Wheat State, but I have heard it is quite... rustic.

Were you at the camp while it was 105 degrees out?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ummm, I think it was more like 108! Good times. good times.

12:39 PM  
Blogger ASHA said...

Hey what about your trip to South Dakota??? I never got to say goodbye??

11:27 AM  
Blogger exmayhem said...

Hey S, Thanks for stopping and for leaving a little note. Life is crazy good, that's what makes it fun right?!?! My kids call me Super-Dad which gives me something to strive for, the Harley is for my alone time. Call next time you're in town, I'll take you for a ride. Glad you're still visiting, email me sometime.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home